Legal No. 13-325
2013 CITY OF DUBLIN STREET
INVITATION TO BID
1. Sealed proposals for the completion of the 2013 CITY OF DUBLIN STREET
RESURFACING owned by the City of Dublin will be received by Mr. Wayne McCary, Engineering Director at the Director's Office until 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 23, 2013, at which time they will be publicly opened. Bids will not be accepted by via facsimile.
2. The project shall include but is not limited to approximately 1.5 miles of hot mix asphalt resurfacing, milling and re-striping various streets within the City of Dublin.
3. Plans and Specifications are open to inspection at City Hall, Dublin, Georgia, or may be obtained from City of Dublin, Purchasing Department, Post Office Box 690, or 215 Truxton Street Dublin, Georgia.
4. Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier's check in an amount not less than 10% of the base bid. No Irrevocable Letter of Credit will be accepted. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an "A" minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract prices as listed in the most current publication of "Best's Key Rating Guide Property Liability." Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder if contract is awarded. No Irrevocable Letter of Credit will be accepted. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a"Power of Attorney" authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
5. Liability and Worker's Compensation Certificate of Insurance must be provided.
6. City reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, inciuding without limitation, the rights to Reject any or all nonconforming, non-responsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if City believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the City.
THE CITY OF DUBLIN, GEORGIA
June 22, July 6