Legal No. 13-330
INVITATION TO BID
1. Sealed proposals for Dublin SR 257/I-16 Industrial Park 500,000 Gallon Elevated Water Tank owned by The City of Dublin, Georgia will be received by Mr. Wayne McCary at the City of Dublin Engineering office located at 100 South Church Street, Dublin, Georgia, 31021 until July 30, 2013 at 1:30 P.M . at which time the names of the respondents will be read aloud, and no further bids will be received. The Minority Employment Provisions, Economic Development Administration (EDA) and Department of Community Affairs (DCA) Employment Incentive Program (EIP) provision documentation will be evaluated. Those bids found to be in compliance with these provisions will be opened and read aloud on August 6, 2013 at 1:30 P.M . Non-responsive bids will be returned unopened to the contractor.
2. The project consists of the following generally described work:
The fabrication and erection of a 500,000 gallon elevated steel water storage tank, deep piling foundations, grading and site work around the tank, the construction of an asphalt access road, fencing, 86 linear feet of 16-inch water main, and all appurtenances and incidentals required to complete the water storage structure and site.
3. Plans and Specifications are open to inspection at The City of Dublin Engineering Office or may be obtained from Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co., Post Office Box 2727, Savannah, Georgia 31402-2727 upon payment of $160.00 (plus shipping charges as applicable). The payment is non-refundable .
4. Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier's check in an amount not less than 5% of the base bid. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an "A" minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of "Best's Key Rating Guide Property Liability. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder if contract is awarded. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a "Power of Attorney" authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
5. Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
6. A Mandatory Pre-Bid Telephone Conference will be held by the City of Dublin on June 26, 2013 at 1:30 P.M . All prospective bidders are required to participate in the telephone conference. All call-in number and further details will be provided in a future Addendum. Bidders who are not represented in the telephone conference will not be permitted to submit bid proposals.
7. This project is federally and state funded through the Economic Development Administration (EDA) and Department of Community Affairs (DCA) Employment Incentive Program (EIP) . The Bidder shall comply with Section 00901 Minority Employment Provisions, which requires the Bidder to submit documentation of compliance with these provisions. Bidders must provide all fully executed forms and certifications from Sections 00710 and 00712 and Sections 00901 to 00990 in a separate sealed envelope with their bid. Further attention is called to contract conditions contained herein pertaining to non-discrimination, equal employment opportunity, subcontract, and opportunities for project area residents.
8. Bidders must comply with the Presidents Executive Order Nos. 11246 and 11375, which prohibits discrimination in employment regarding race, creed, color, sex, or national origin.
9. Bidders must comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Davis-Bacon Act, the Anti-Kickback Act, and the Contract Work Hours Standard Act.
10. The Contractor, or any subcontractor, submitting a bid for utility contracting, as defined in O.C.G.A. Section 43-14-2 to a utility system as defined in said section, shall conform to O.C.G.A. Section 43-14-8.2 et seq. with reference to Utility Contractors Licenses and shall submit the bid with the license numbers, as issued by the Division of Utility Contractors, affixed on the outside of the bid envelope as provided by O.C.G.A. Section 43-14-8.2(h). Utility contracting means a proposal to perform utility work, the cost of which exceeds $100,000.00, to a utility system as defined in O.C.G.A. Section 43-14- 2(17).
A utility contractor license will be required for this project.
11. The U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration is providing partial funding for this project (EDA Investment No. 04-01-06717).
12. Buy American Contractors are hereby notified that they are encouraged, to the greatest extent practicable, to purchase American-made equipment and products with funding provided under this award.
CITY OF DUBLIN, GEORGIA
June 22, July 6, 2013